Project Support (Edinburgh)
This is an exciting Community Jobs Fund opportunity to join our Operations Team in Edinburgh 25 hours per week for 1 year. Applications are invited from young people aged 16 to 29 years, who are more disadvantaged in the labour market. Young people who can benefit from Community Jobs Scotland are:
- care leavers/care experienced
- young people with convictions
- military service leavers (serving less than 6 years)
- disabled people or with long term health conditions
- homeless people (including temporary or unstable accommodation)
- person affected by drug misuse (i.e. alcohol, drugs)
- person with lower than SCQF level 5 qualification
- work programme completers who remain unemployed
- refugees with immigration status allowing them to undertake employment
- ethnic minority groups
Duties will include:
Low level DIY and maintenance (supported)
Answering the phone to customers
Processing bookings for boat trips
Learning to crew
Meeting and greeting boat hire customers
General office admin such as printing
Buying supplies to support boat trips.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description, informal chat or send a CV and email detailing the reasons why you are applying.
We are seeking voluntary board members to support our existing board bringing expertise in HR, Finance, IT, Funding or with a local knowledge of Falkirk to enhance our existing skills base. Re-Union Canal Boats has undergone a period of growth which has highlighted a need for additional skills to support our existing board and help take us forward.
Email email@example.com for an informal chat.
We are seeking Sessional Staff to support our project activities. Skills and experience required ranges from engaging with volunteers and the public, environmental and general canal knowledge, delivering sessions on re-cycling and composting, walk and cycle leaders and recording and interpreting data.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat.
If you would like to get involved with Re-Union, please take a look at our volunteering opportunities.