Re-Union is an officially licensed training centre for the Royal Yachting Association conducting Inland Waterways Courses from our base in Falkirk
Inland Waterways Helmsman’s Course
Autumn 2018 dates now available
Suitable for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced
This course is designed for those wanting to cruise the UK’s and Europe’s network of lakes, rivers and canals. It deals specifically with the requirements of the inland boater, whether they be a narrow boat owner or cruiser enthusiast. It assumes no prior knowledge and so is ideal for the first timer, yet the more seasoned boater will learn plenty of tricks of the trade and tips to make their boating safer and more enjoyable. Most courses take place over a day and can be taken either on our boat or your own. The minimum age to take this course is 12 years old.
- Minimum Duration: 2 days
- Minimum Age: 12 (certificates for children aged between 12 and 16 will be endorsed to show that they must use boats only under the supervision of a responsible adult)
- Course Content: Safety, helmsmanship, locks and tunnels, collision avoidance, an introduction to engine maintenance
- Ability after the course: Able to helm a vessel safely on inland waterways
£250 per day for up to 2 people
Share the cost, we can take up to 2 people on this course at any one time
This course is usually 2 days however, if only the assessment is required this could be conducted in 1 day
Dates this autumn;
- Thursday 20th & Friday 21st September
- Thursday 27th & Friday 28th September
- Wednesday 17th & Thursday 18th October
- Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st October
- Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th October
To join one of these courses please contact us on 0131 261 8529.
Just want to try driving a canal boat?
Re-Union are offering 1:1 hands on familiarisation training to enable those who are new to canal boating, or would like to brush up on their skills, an opportunity to have a go with the support of a qualified skipper. Book a two hour session